Questions regarding this statement should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- What information of yours does the CRC for Construction Innovation collect?
- What are "cookies" and how does the CRC for Construction Innovation use them?
- What organisation is collecting the information?
- How does the CRC for Construction Innovation use the information it collects?
- With whom does the CRC for Construction Innovation share the informationthat is collected?
- How can you access, edit or delete your information?
- What is the opt-out policy for the CRC for Construction Innovation web site?
- What types of security procedures are in place to protect against the loss, misuseor alteration of your information?
Please note that the CRC for Construction Innovation site containslinks to other sites and may in the future allow other sites to beco-branded with the CRC for Construction Innovation name. Sites thatare linked to CRC for Construction Innovation sites may have privacypolicies that differ from our own.
The CRC for Construction Innovation will update this policy from timeto time so please check back periodically. When such changes occur, youwill see the word "updated" next to the policy item and the date of theupdate will be displayed. If at any point we decide to use personallyidentifiable information in a manner different from that stated at thetime it was collected, we would prominently post such changes prior toimplementing them.
1. What information of yours does the CRC for Construction Innovation collect?
Our goal is to become a favoured and trusted Internet destination byproviding the information, services, and product offerings that aremost relevant to you. To achieve this goal, the CRC for ConstructionInnovation must collect information so we can understand what makes youdifferent from our many other unique users.
Information collected online is usually defined as being eitheranonymous or personally identifiable. Anonymous information refers todata that cannot be tied back to a specific individual. For example,the CRC for Construction Innovation collects some information each timea visitor comes to a CRC for Construction Innovation page so we canimprove the overall quality of the visitors online experience. The CRCfor Construction Innovation collects the visitor's IP address (eg,whether the user is logged on from bigpond.com.au or optus.net.au),referral data (eg, the address of the last URL a user visited prior toclicking through to the CRC for Construction Innovation site), andbrowser and platform type (eg, a Netscape browser on a Linux platform).The CRC for Construction Innovation also collects aggregate searchterms from search services for internal reporting. The CRC for Construction Innovation collects this user information for purposes ofproduct monitoring, product improvement, and targeted advertising. Youdo not have to register with the CRC for Construction Innovation beforewe can collect this anonymous information.
Personally identifiable information refers to data that tells usspecifically who you are, such as your name and postal address, whichmay be collected in addition to the anonymous data described above.
The CRC for Construction Innovation may collect personal information in the followingways from different pages on its site:
2. What are "cookies" and how does the CRC for Construction Innovation web siteuse them?
Other registration: In addition to registration for various serviceson the CRC for Construction Innovation web site, we may ask you forpersonal information at other times, including when you enter a contestor promotion sponsored by the CRC for Construction Innovation. We alsoask for personal information when you make an online purchase using theCRC for Construction Innovation web site. You are not required toregister for any services on the CRC for Construction Innovation website. If you choose not to provide the requested information, the CRCfor Construction Innovation may not be able to fulfil your request.
Correspondence: If you contact the CRC for Construction Innovation,we may keep a record of that correspondence. We do not collect anye-mail addresses of those who communicate with us via e-mail. We usethe information provided so that we may respond to the e-mail.
In addition to the personally identifiable information that the CRC forConstruction Innovation actively collects when you register, we mayalso collect anonymous information passively using cookies. Presently,cookies play an important role in making the Internet work, but thereis much confusion among Internet users about what cookies are and howthey are used.
A cookie is a small text file containing a unique identification numberthat is transferred from a web site to the hard drive of your computerso that the site administrator may identify your computer and passivelytrack its activities on the web site. This unique number identifiesyour web browser -- but not you -- to site hosting computers wheneveryou visit our site. A cookie will not let a web site know anypersonally identifiable information about you, such as your real nameand address.
- Save your passwords and preferences so that you will not have to re-enter themthe next time you visit.
- Measure traffic patterns. Without cookies, it could be difficultfor the CRC for Construction Innovation to know which services are morepopular than others.
- Estimate audience size. Cookies let us know whether or not a webbrowser has seen a particular page or accessed particular services.
3. What organisation is collecting the information?
When you register for a service within the CRC for ConstructionInnovation web site, that information is generally collected andmaintained solely by the CRC for Construction Innovation site unlessspecifically stated otherwise at the point of collection. If data iscollected and/or maintained by any company other than the CRC forConstruction Innovation, we will inform you at the point of collection.If you do not want to share your information with that company, you canchoose not to use that service. Please see the section With whom doesthe CRC for Construction Innovation share the information that iscollected?
The CRC for Construction Innovation
site may run promotions andcompetitions across its site. These promotions may be sponsored orco-sponsored by third-party companies. Data collected during apromotion is typically shared with the sponsor or co-sponsor. The CRCfor Construction Innovation
site will inform you at the point ofcollection whether or not we are sharing your personal data as a resultof your participation in a promotion or competition. If you do not wantto have the CRC for Construction Innovation
site share your data, youcan choose not to participate by sending an email to email@example.com
4. How does the CRC for Construction Innovation use the information it collects?
Any personally identifiable information you share with the CRC forConstruction Innovation site when registering for products and servicesat any of our pages are maintained and accessible only by the CRC forConstruction Innovation unless specifically stated otherwise. The CRCfor Construction Innovation requests information from its users so thatusers can enjoy customized experiences across the CRC for ConstructionInnovation site, including future personalisation services, interactivecommunications, games, online shopping and much more. Most of theseproducts and services will be made available to you at no cost. Inorder to extend our content and services free of charge, the CRC forConstruction Innovation site may choose to display advertisements.
The following are examples of how the CRC for Construction Innovation site mayuse the information it collects:
- The CRC for Construction Innovation site uses the aggregate datacollected to let our sponsors know the numbers of people who havecertain demographic characteristics and the number of those people whohave seen and "clicked" on their advertisement(s). We will alsodisclose to those third-party sponsors the overall demographicsavailable regarding who saw and "clicked" on their advertisement. Nopersonally identifiable information will be disclosed to theseadvertisers as part of this process -- only information in an aggregateform.
- The CRC for Construction Innovation site may also use theaggregate data to perform statistical analyses of the collectivecharacteristics and behaviour of our registered users and visitors, tomeasure user demographics and interests regarding specific areas of theCRC for Construction Innovation site and to analyse how and where bestto use our resources. Without such data, we would not know which partsof the CRC for Construction Innovation site are the most popular, andwe would not be able to change and update the content and servicesappropriately.
- The CRC for Construction Innovation site collects anaggregate list of search terms from search services. This informationis collected anonymously and used primarily for the purposes of productdevelopment, monitoring, and improvement, as well as targeting ourservices.
- The CRC for Construction Innovation may, from time to time,use your information to contact you about changes or enhancements toproducts and services on the CRC for Construction Innovation site.
- If you enter a promotion or a contest on the CRC for Construction Innovation site, we will use the information you providedto contact you in the event you win.
- The CRC for Construction Innovation site may be required bylaw enforcement or judicial authorities to provide information onindividual users to the appropriate governmental authorities. Inmatters involving a danger to personal or public safety, the CRC for Construction Innovation may voluntarily provide information toappropriate governmental authorities.
5. With whom does the CRC for Construction Innovation share the informationthat is collected?
The CRC for Construction Innovation site does not share your information withany third party.
6. How can you access, edit or delete your information?
The CRC for Construction Innovation
site provides its registered usersthe ability to access and edit the personal information in their userprofiles by contacting the CRC for Construction Innovation
, email firstname.lastname@example.org
7. What is the opt-out policy for the CRC for Construction Innovation?
The CRC for Construction Innovation site offers you the ability toopt-out of receiving information on CRC for Construction Innovationupdates and new services, as well as direct mail offers from the CRCfor Construction Innovation and sponsors. This is done at the point ofinitial collection of information and during the editing or updatingprocess. The instructions to opt out of the CRC for ConstructionInnovation site e-mail newsletters and direct mail communications arethe same as the above instructions for editing user informationprofiles.
8. What kinds of security procedures are in place to protect against the loss,misuse or alteration of your information?
The CRC for Construction Innovation site has security measures in placeto attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of youruser data under our control. Only authorized contractors and employeeshave access to the information you provide us. The CRC for ConstructionInnovation site has implemented strict rules on employees andcontractors who have access to the data. While we cannot guarantee thatloss, misuse or alteration to data will not occur, we take manyprecautions to prevent such events. Any other particularly sensitiveinformation, such as your credit card number collected for a commercetransaction is encrypted prior to transmission.
You are ultimately responsible for the security of your CRC forConstruction Innovation ID and password. Please take care when usingand storing them. The CRC for Construction Innovation recommends thatyou do not divulge your password to anyone. You should log out of yourbrowser at the end of each computer session to ensure that otherscannot access your personal information and correspondence, especiallyif you share a computer with someone else or are using a computer in apublic place like a library or Internet cafe.