Program overview | Projects
Critical Success Factors for ICT Mediated Supply Chains [Brewer, University of Newcastle] 2001-016-A
Project participants and team members
Qld Dept of Main Roads
G Caldwell, Raju Chamala, John Spathonis
University of Newcastle
Graham Brewer- Project Leader, Swee-Eng Chen, Thayaparan Gajendran, Dennis Lenard
This project created a model that identifies critical success factors in ICT-mediated supply chains, and provides a best-practice model, acknowledging the differing needs of individual organisations and participants. Documentation includes four best-practice guides (Client, Consultant, Head contractor and Subcontractors) along with details of the Australian National Survey which formed part of this work.
This suite of guides informs decision-makers within construction industry firms as to those factors that, in the experience of other practitioners, are of critical importance in order to maximise the likelihood of successful adoption and integration of ICT into a firm. The project has sought to identify, verify and test those issues that are responsible for influencing the success or otherwise of ICT investments made by firms, for use in conjunction with business partners. This was undertaken through four key activities:
- previous research
- a panel of international experts
- a national postal survey of experienced practitioners from across the industry
- detailed case studies of projects using ICT.
The guides have a number of objectives:
- identify the perceived effects and benefits experienced by firms that have employed ICT.
- identify the level of ICT usage.
- describe the operational environment within which ICT is deployed, and describe what form that ICT takes.
- describe the Critical Success Factors identified by industry peers.
- examine their implementation through case study exemplars.
- identify the barriers to ICT adoption.
Provide a self-assessment tool.
- PICTuring success: client leadership of ICT integration in project teamsPurchasedownloadfor $38.50
- PICTuring success: head contractors driving ICT in project teams Purchasedownloadfor $38.50
- PICTuring success: consultants adding value through ICT in project teamsPurchasedownloadfor $38.50
- PICTuring success: developing ICT agility for subcontractors in project teams Purchasedownloadfor $38.50